Wednesday, November 19, 2008

sad lonely cold night

My day went very well yesterday until Chelsea, Chance and I went to Barns and Nobles. We saw this mother and a little boy lugging around big heavy suit cases, they were walking into a empty parking lot right across the main entrance of Lahaina Gateway. The boy looked as if he was my brother’s age. It was supper sad, I wanted to help them supper badly. But what could I have done to make things any easier..? That was before we went there but afterwards when we was leaving it started to drizzle;all I kept thinking about was them. Like where were they going to sleep at? After leaving Lahaina Gateway we saw them make their way across the road into a place where the securities hang out by vitimen world. I think they were going to sleep there, but just the fact they had to do that you know and I saw it with my own two eyes. I would have never thought it could happen here on Maui.

After when we got home I told my mom the story and she agreed it was sad but she mentioned “it’s life, you know you should be thankful for having place to stay”. That’s when it hit me what if I was that lady and Reanne and Kristi were the kids lugging around a fat suit case, what would go through my mind? How would I feel or react. I wanted to help honestly but I felt useless.

How would you feel you and your mom, dad, brother, sister, walking in the middle of the night trying to find shelter. Your only in the 4th grade and you don’t know what to do but listen to them. Your homeless just for the night. What would go through your mind? What happened earlier that night that caused you to lug around a suit case.

I felt like I was selfish because I couldn’t help. I knew I shouldn’t but I didn’t..

But other than that I have another story or blog from the ‘dude’ enjoy.

f. amélie






CAUTION:
Don't READ this blog. REMEMBER it.





MY BRAIN
: No one's gonna like this blog.

MY HEART: Huh? What makes you say that?

MY BRAIN
: Because this blog is about your
family and your childhood. You think people
want to read about your personal life?

MY HEART
: Maybe...

MY BRAIN
: Well, they don't. The only reason
why people ever read your blogs is because they
want advice. They want you to give them hope.
They want you to make them FEEEEEEL good.
But they don't PERSONALLY care about what
happens in your life.

MY HEART
: You're a meanie...

MY BALLS
: HEY! BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!
I'M WRITING THIS DAMN BLOG!







* * *





When I was a kid my mom used to dress me up
like the world's biggest queer-nut.

Socks up to my knees. Mushroom haircut.
Shirt tucked into my underwear. Shorts that went up to my belly button.
I seriously looked like Curious George minus the Man with the Yellow Hat.

But I miss those days.

I miss the days when all that mattered was:
Mario Bros. Donkey Kong.
Playing Duck Hunt
with Your Face two-inches from the Screen.
Slip & Slide. Inflatable Swimming Pools.

I miss...
Tetherball. Freeze Tag. Volleyball with a Balloon.
Piggy Back Rides. Connect Four. Coloring Books.

I miss...
Getting Glue Stuck on my Hand and Peeling it Off.
Saved By the Bell. Step by Step. Family Matters.

I miss Sebastian the Crab and Flounder.
I miss Bebop and Rocksteady.


I even miss having girls tell my fortune:
Pick a number. 1-2-3-4.
Now pick a Color. B-L-U-E.
You're going to have an Ugly Husband.







But it's all changed now.








* * *



FERNANDO COUSINS (2005)





FERNANDO COUSINS (1994)





My cousins in L.A. have changed as well...








* * *

This year, Thanksgiving was held at my cousin Athena's house.
And it was AWKWARD.


Our whole lives, the grown ups cooked and cleaned.
This time, it was the cousins who cooked and cleaned.

As we awaited the arrival of the relatives,
I observed Athena playing with Phoebe (her pet rat).





And that's when the truth hit me
Were getting OLD.

We pay bills. We work two jobs. We're almost done with college.
We have friends who've died. Friends whove gotten married.
We've been in multiple car accidents. We drink Starbucks.
We read newspapers...

Holy CRAP WE'VE BECOME OUR PARENTS.




* * *

And INSIDE, its even worse
Because deep down we're scared.
We're scared because we're in our twenties and we still
don't really know what we want to do with our lives.

When we were kids, we dreamed of becoming millionaires.
Now we just hope to make $25,000 a year.

When we were kids, we dreamed of the perfect marriage.
Now we're so scared of being alone that we settle for
unfaithful jackasses or paranoid control-freaks.

When we were kids we dreamed of a beautiful life with a
happily ever after. Now we believe mediocrity is our destiny.

The world has become a cold, cynical place.
Innocence is GONE.








* * *


On Christmas Eve, I received a visit from my BEAUTIFUL nieces.







Queen Sophia
(Believe it or NOT, she doesn't cry when i hold her anymore!)







And Princess Sara (She just learned how to walk... like a chimp.)




* * *


You want to know why I love playing with them?
Because they're time machines!

Playing with them brings me back to a time when politics,
religious debates, and drama didn't matter.

As a child, we only know one thing:
As long as we are in the arms of the people that love us,
WE DON'T NEED TO WORRY.



* * *

Perhaps this is what Jesus meant when he said to have
Faith like a child.
To know that as long as we put our trust in Him, we don't need to worry.
We can live, give, and forgive OVER and OVER again

Because we rest in His arms.














©2006 Brendon James, Inc. All Rights Reserved.






1 comment: